My sister tagged me a while ago and I am just getting around to doing the tag.
20 years ago: 1988
1. I turned 7 years old.
2. I finished first grade and started second grade.
3. I went to Valley View elementary school.
4. I met the love of my life…although at the time he had cooties and had a crush on the first grade teacher.
5. My first grade teacher made me stand in the corner during library time because I forgot my library book. I was so sad because library time was one of my favorite times of the week.
10 years ago: 1998
1. I was a junior in high school and then later started my senior year.
2. I played made the varsity basketball team my senior year.
3. I drove a 1984 Buick Skyhawk.
4. I was in the same Spanish class as my sister, Kristi. We still talk about the few things we learned from that class. “Donde esta la mochila?” “Beto Chavez es muy guapo.” “Mis brazos, mis brazos!”
5. Man, my memories of high school are pretty few.
5 years ago: 2002
1. I went to Paraguay on a service study abroad program with one other girl. We tried to teach people how to get jobs–but most of them were more interested in getting the certificate at the end of the class. It wasn’t terribly successful.
2. I came back and started hanging out with my future husband and his roommates…crazy bunch. 🙂
3. I was at BYU and continued studying Spanish Teaching.
4. I was living with some great roommates who convinced me to go dumpster diving with them.
5. I used to go up to Logan to pick up Kristi and bring her back to Provo with me for the weekend. And then on Sunday I used to drive her back. (Or was that 2001? Sorry I can’t really remember.)
3 years ago: 2005
1. I was a stay at home mom with my baby who isn’t my baby anymore. She tells me all the time that she is a big girl and gets to go to school when she’s five.
2. We went to Boulder, Colorado for an internship that Scott had. We lived in apartments near the University of Colorado. I think all the other occupants of the other apartments thought we were weird–married with a kid.
3. I found out we were expecting Rachel while Scott was camping with the Scouts for the weekend. Since I was a hormonal wreck, I cried that evening all by myself…well, Katie was there, but I don’t know that she was much comfort. 🙂
4. We lived in Scott’s grandpa’s basement while they were on a mission for our church.
5. Which was kitty-corner from Scott’s aunt and uncle. Katie loved Aunt Charlie. She would point to the door and lead us through the backyard and to their house so we could visit her everyday after her nap.
1 year ago: 2007
1. We moved into our first house!
2. We spent the summer digging huge amounts of rocks out of our yard.
3. Scott graduated from BYU with his masters.
4. I was called to three callings at one time…the most ever in my life and made up for one year that I didn’t have any callings.
5. We went to Utah and spent a night camping, went to Ikea and a BYU football game.
So far this year:
1. I spent a week at girls’ camp.
2. I have since been released from all my previous callings and am now only down to one calling.
3. I have been working on being a better mother, photographer, sewer, and runner.
4. I have been attending a boot camp twice a week and feel all the more stronger for it.
5. I have been trying to decorate my home…although its not easy deciding what I like. 🙂
1. I went to church.
2. We went to visit the grandparents.
3. I had a Relief Society meeting to go to.
4. I didn’t get a nap like I wanted. 🙂
5. I tried to figure out what I am going to teach next month in Relief Society…no inspiration yet. Any ideas would be appreciated.
1. I went running.
2. I helped Scott get off to high adventure with a bunch of the boys in the ward.
3. I got my nap! 🙂
4. I did some of the breakfast dishes.
5. I went visiting teaching.
1. I am planning on making some zucchini bread…using all the zucchini coming out our ears from the garden.
2. I am going to clean up my house…it needs it.
3. We are leaving for Canada on Saturday so I am sure that I will be trying to get things ready for that.
4. Maybe grocery shopping?? We’ll see if we can’t last another day without it.
5. I will be missing boot camp because Scott isn’t here to watch the kids and I don’t want to wake them up at 5:30 am to take them with me.
1. We will have grass completely in and probably purchase a swing set since Katie keeps reminding us that we promised her one as soon as the grass grows in.
2. Katie will probably be going to kindergarten…YIKES.
3. Maybe my house will be organized…probably not though. But here’s to hoping.
4. I will be a better mother!
5. Rachel will turn three.